BuzzTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista

3 posters

Go down

TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista Empty TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista

Post  Admin Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 am

have been asked many times how to run 16 bit application dos applications like Turboc in full screen mode under Vista. So I decided to blog down the process of getting this issue resolved. I have not covered the steps in details . I have just mentioned possible solution and not stressed on describing how to get it done.

Source of Problem:

This issue arises because of the Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM)*. It is the new graphic driver model for video cards running windows vista. This doesn’t support all the dos video modes and this is why full screen mode in not supported.

Solution:

1) You may be able to work around this problem by installing the Microsoft Windows XP version of the video drivers for your video adapter. Contact the manufacturer of your video adapter for more information about how to obtain the Windows XP version of the video drivers for your video adapter. After downloading the winxp version, run the installer to get the WinXP version of driver loaded in your vista machine and follow the steps. This will get tour problem solved. But when I had done this in my machine I got a slight dip in performance but it’s not a major one so you can live up with it J

2) The other way around is by using some emulators such as DosBoX or some Virtual PC softwares like Microsoft Virtual PC and VMWare. These create a virtual environment for you based on your requirement and the application can be executed under this. Try to google out information about these softwares. I will soon blog on how to set up virtual pc and carry out different operations in it.

Hope you found this information useful. Do send in your comments
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-08

https://buzztalk.1talk.net

Back to top Go down

TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista Empty Re: TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista

Post  aniket Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:27 am

I used DOSBOX to get full screen in VISTA. It worked just fine.
An ya lookin forward eagerly for a session on Virtual PC
aniket
aniket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista Empty thanks

Post  nilam khamkar Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:51 am

thanks for giving soln for full screen 'turbo c' in windows vista.

nilam khamkar

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista Empty Re: TurboC in Full Screen Mode in Vista

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down